Friday, November 25, 2011

Full

Currently Reading: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens and The Reader by Bernhard Schlink

I was struck by the fact that the words "thankful" and "grateful"- two words thrown around quite a lot at this time of year- both end the same way: with the word "full." (Sure, I added the last letter but the truth is there). And I'm not just talking "full of food" kind of full. Instead, I see it as the wonderful truth that our lives are completely full. Full of blessings, full of grace, full of happiness, full of potential.

My life is so full.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Completely full of blessings and gifts that I thank God for every day. And while I do thank Him with my voice and my words, I believe that my awe-filled or content silences express my thanks just as well, if not better. I thank God with my actions, with my smile, and with my eyes as I take in the world around me.

And here's one man who has made my life a little more full... my Opa. My buddy when I was little, my mentor as an adult. And I am so full of thanks that I was able to celebrate another Thanksgiving with him.

Photobucket

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'd love to hear what makes your life "full" too! Now, if you'll excuse me... it's on to decorating for Christmas.... I can hear the carols already. :)
(You will notice I am experimenting a bit with my blog lay-out. Bear with me! Any comments are welcome!)

2 comments:

  1. I also have a lot to be grateful for this time of year! My family tops this list! Give Jordan a big hug and kiss for me next time you see her. Miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will! I probably won't see her until Christmas but I will give her a big squeeze from her Aunt Tina! When do you get to see her again? By the way, I loved your Thanksgiving post using the word Turkey. Your posts always make me smile... they're unique and fun. I feel like I have been getting to know you so well!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

Keep On Reading...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...